środa, 27 lipca 2011

"Bears need people. People need bears."

When looking at photos on my disc today
I have found this cute pic of Mana with a Teddy bear.


And one of the cutest Gackt's pic♥

And Kaya

After it I decided to get to know more about
teddy bears' history in general. 

Probably most of you know
that Teddy Bears in a form we know them today
have been created in two different part of world.
On one site we have America with the story about Theodore Roosevelt
(thanks to him we call them teddy bears), who refused to kill 
an innocent bear.
On the other, there is Richard Steiff
with his company. 
More history you can read here
BTW Steiff bears are still produced
They remind me these old-school bears
from IW prints


These things were not new to me.
But I have no idea that the comeback of
bears'craze has started thanks to an actor Peter Bull
who declared his love for teddy bears
and write a book Bear with me.
Today it is called
The Teddy bear book.

Age simply doesn't enter into it! 
The older the friend, the more he is valued, 
particularly when he shows so visibly the characteristics that we all look for in friends. 
You have only to look at a genuine teddy's face to see at once the loyalty, 
common sense, and above all, dependability behind it.

There is so many quotes about Teddy bears.
They really moved me to tears.

Bears sleep by day. At night they stay awake to chase away bad dreams.
Jesse O'Neil 

Once a bear has been loved by a human being, its expression is forever marked.
Jama Kim Rattigan

Here is Niuniuś.
My first teddy bear.
I had three months when my grandma 
bought him.

「おやすみ おやすみ いつでも 隣のMyTeddy」 
一番の友達だった 
Teddy -Vidoll's song
(Good night good night
my teddy who is always by my sight
you were my first friend)



An experienced Teddy Bear brings with him a lifetime of knowledge and experience; the wisdom of silence and the stillness in moments of great turmoil. The long-suffering patience that is learned when belonging to a child who is coming of age, and coping with the bewilderment that this period of time can bring, is what he does best. The experienced bear has seen life through the heart and eyes of a child grown to adulthood and perhaps even accompanied that adult all the way to the end of the road.
Ted Menton


It really made me into sentimental mood.
How about organizing Teddy Bears' picnic?
Do you know this old song?
Meta when creating Honey picnic print 
was probably inspired by it.


Let's make Teddy bear party! 

And a little out of topic
but just look at these sneakers! 
They are made by Adidas
in collaboration with Jeremy Scott
*_____________*


They cost..... around 450$ +shipping.
My heart is broken....

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz