niedziela, 23 października 2011

The Nightingale and the Rose

Oscar Wilde's fairy tales are one of the most beautiful 
things I have ever read. 
But today I would like to concentrate on only one story.
The Nightingale and the Rose


She said that she would dance with me if I brought her red roses,
 (...) but in all my garden there is no red rose.'

for want of a red rose is my life made wretched


He just needed a red rose.
A girl has promised to dance with him
if he brings her one.
Such small thing and all his happiness
depended on it.
But he could not find it...
The nightingale decided to help a miserable lover,
but he was not able to find one. 
Only one solution was left.

If you want a red rose,' said the Tree, 'you must build it out of music by moonlight, 
and stain it with your own heart's-blood. 
You must sing to me with your breast against a thorn. 
All night long you must sing to me, and the thorn must pierce your heart, 
and your life-blood must flow into my veins, and become mine.

The rose is changing 
from being pale like a shadow or a mist
to the redness of a blood. 
The nightingale gave his life 
to create the crimson rose.
In fact his efforts were senseless, 
because the girl refused boy's love in the end,
but what counts is the bird's devotion.
And it is important not because of
its moral value (such devotion could be called a stupidity), 
but because of its aesthetic beauty that is above its all. 

(...) and he threw the rose into the street, 
where it fell into the gutter, and a cart-wheel went over it

This story reminded me of the lyrics of Revenanr Choir.
When Kamijo sings
If you wish, I would become a rose.
the nightingale is exactly what I have in front of my eyes.
And then
記憶の中の赤に血を薔薇に変えていた
In a redness of my memories I am changing my blood into a rose. 

This fairy tale is so beautiful that I would love to 
see it in D or Versailles songs...
It would suit perfectly to them.

And for the end two the most interesting paintings.

I have found this absolutely gorgeous hair accessory
inspired by the tale *_*

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz