poniedziałek, 29 października 2012

Opera costumes, Madame Butterfly and some more

Some photos from Sunday^^
I was wearing such long eyelashes for the first time^^



First: Halloween market


Fruits in chocolate :3


Our strawberries :D


Then I went to finally buy 
these gloves from Claire's.


And I landed in Ponyland :333


Then: Madame Butterfly opera.


Before the performance started 
we went to see the exhibition of opera costumes.
They are so amazing that I will dare to post all of them ^.^
















Specially gold outfits from The marriage of Figaro
caught my attention.

Well forget reality for a while...
Here is me and Lestat *dreamy*


Or even:


But the reality was:


Who cares about reality XD HahaXD 

Nevermind XD
Let's speak about the opera for a while.
I am still an opera rookie, but 
I have to admit that I already know that
I do not like verismo style.
Opera is the form of art which suits best to fantastical stories.
When it seeks realism in result it always meets with failure.
Reality and opera can not walk holding each other's hands.

That is why there was a few moments 
when Madame Butterfly irritated me...,
but I still enjoyed operatic way of singing.

But 3rd act *.* Yes *.*
Full of dramatic moments and overwhelming sorrow.
Sadness and sorrow suit opera perfectly.
There is no better way to show death
that expressing it in opera. 

Ballet gives sorrow wings,
but opera is making feelings lying
on a ground.
Their bearers are unable to stand up and continue living.
There is no escape.
Red curtain must go down
and leave us with the sense of powerlessness.

For the end my full outfit:


With my friends :3

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz