środa, 4 kwietnia 2012

I like freaks. And that's why I like you.

OMG I just watched The Man who fell to Earth.
This story is about an alien who comes to Earth to find a water for his planet,
but finally it is impossible for him to complete his mission,
because he fells into alcoholism, the will of power and general degeneration.



I could write a lot about the move and its meaning,
but well... forgive me that I will only write about him:
David Bowie!
He is absolutely genial here.
He looks so gorgeous that I fell in love with him even more
(if this is possible at all)
and the creation of his character is so reliable...
In fact Bowie was taking cocaine at this time
so probably that is the reason.
But except drugs... Bowie really does not come from this world.
Everybody knows that, right^^?
So he just played himself^^ 

I'm so pleased I made that [film], but I didn't really know what was being made at all


I just threw my real self into that movie as I was at that time. It was the first thing I'd ever done. I was virtually ignorant of the established procedure [of making movies], so I was going a lot on instinct, and my instinct was pretty dissipated. I just learned the lines for that day and did them the way I was feeling. It wasn't that far off. I actually was feeling as alienated as that character was. It was a pretty natural performance. ... a good exhibition of somebody literally falling apart in front of you. I was totally insecure with about 10 grams [of cocaine] a day in me. I was stoned out of my mind from beginning to end.

(quotes from Wikipedia)



You know Tommy, you're a freak. I don't mean that unkindly. 
I like freaks. And that's why I like you.

- said Mary-Lou to the character played by Bowie.

Yes I also love freaks, 
I am definitely in love now *.* 

1 komentarz: