sobota, 24 marca 2012

For once, there was an unknown land...

So finally I watched Velvet Goldmine- 
a movie which is freely based on David Bowie 
and some other glam rock stars.
I have to say that sometimes the movie is so mixed that 
I lost plot several times, but generally what I like the most about it
is the atmosphere of 70s.
I did not care about the plot in fact-
I just wanted to feel 70s for a while 
and after watching it I felt satisfied (for a moment)^^


For once, there was an unknown land, full of strange flowers and subtle perfumes; 
a land of which it is joy of all joys to dream; a land where all things are perfect and poisonous. 

I'm not really myself except in the midst of elegant crowds, in the heart of rich districts, 
amid sumptous ornamentation, palace hotels, army of servants, plush carpet under foot. 

Reporter: Brian! Why the make-up? 
Brian Slade: Why? Because rock and roll's a prostitute! It should be tarted up! 
Performed! The music is the mask, while I, in my chiffon and taff - well - varda the message! 


Main character is a former glam rock star Brian Slade
and his stage persona Maxwell Demond

(of course it refers to Bowie and Ziggy Stardust).
He was a perfect 70s idol. 
 He was elegance walking arm in arm with a lie. 
But
Listen, a real artist creates beautiful things and puts nothing of his own life into them, OK?
But Brian went too far. Too deep into dreaming.
Curt Wild: I dunno... I dunno. It got too big I guess. It got too schizold, you know?
 I mean he thought he was Maxwell Demond in the end, you know? 
And Maxwell Demond... he thought he was God. 


That is why Brian decided to resign
(is not it similar to Bowie's explanation?).
But of course he had to keep a performance until the end.
So he simulated his death on a stage.
Beautiful death covered in feathers and lights.



This movie does not have any special message.
Just like glam rock.
It was splendid, sparkling and over-the-top.
It was just the free play of imagination.
Just to stand out. Just for pure beauty. For nothing.
Beauty reveals everything because it expresses nothing. 


I just realized that by chance I was also wearing 
brocade- gold (and pink) outfit today^^
Somehow it works in my consciousnesses without my will XD


And this is out of topic,
but I am absolutely in love with how
my short meta socks (from Lolita Saint Nicholas Day)
look with shoes
so allow me to show them^^

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz